QA EngineerLocation: Windsor, CT
Contract Length: 6 months contract to hire
Pay Rate: $30/hr to $35/hr W2
The Quality Assurance Engineer position is responsible for evaluating applications software developed by client’s Solutions Engineering Center (SEC) and 3rd party partners that are seeking certification of their software. Candidate may also be required to develop QA Test Plans, generate QA Reports, and conduct software application training as needed.
- Perform software quality testing on applications developed for and deployed to multiple operating systems (Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS X, Linux, UNIX).
- Write reproduction procedures for any anomalies encountered, and generate a complete final report.
- Work with programmers, application developers, project managers, technical writers, and other individuals to collect all information necessary to create effective QA Test Plans.
- Create QA test scripts and/or configure software testing tools to automate testing of software.
- Maintain QA equipment and prepare QA test environment.
- Work with multiple network operating systems (Microsoft, Apple, Linux, Novell, UNIX) and protocols.
- Conduct Training as needed on software applications developed by SEC.
- Conduct research and generate reports based on findings.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Quality Assurance, Computer Science, Information technology, etc…) OR 5+ years of work related experience.
- Ability to conduct repetitive regression testing.
- Experience with evaluating software applications on Windows, Macintosh, Unix and Linux platforms.
- Fluent in all Microsoft Office applications such as Project, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Fluent with various web browsers (Safari, Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with programmers to obtain information required to create and administer QA Test Plans.
- Ability to generate detailed QA Test Reports.
- Ability to demonstrate software applications, travel and attend trade shows.
- Ability to work independently on assigned projects.
- Certification in Software Quality Assurance is a plus.
- Experience with bug tracking and versioning software such as CVS , Subversion, or GIT is a plus.
- Knowledge of PC networking and Network Operating Systems is a plus.
- Networking training or certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of Printer Description Languages (PCL/PostScript) is a plus.
Ideal candidate has some automated testing experience and Visual Studio experience