IT RecruiterLocation: Hartford, CT
Contract Length: 6 months
Pay Rate: $35/hr W2
Information Technology Recruiter
As our client executes on its strategic plan, they are making significant technology investments to increase operational effectiveness and improve their competitiveness. This strategic IT investment supports their progress toward becoming a top quartile, service-based organization focused on future innovation.
The Recruiter will be responsible for recruiting talent for the Enterprise Technology function. They will also be responsible for driving the identification and movement of internal talent. The Recruiter is expected to bring robust market knowledge to help build an optimal organizational structure and aide in talent decisions with the ultimate goal of building exceptional leadership talent and driving succession capabilities across the organization. This is an opportunity to be part of an accomplished team of recruiters who partner with our client’s leaders to aggressively recruit passive candidates to a fast-paced, growing Fortune 100 firm.
• Use passive and direct sourcing techniques and seek new methods and innovative solutions to identify and attract prospective Information Technology candidates.
• Drawing on robust business and market knowledge, conduct research and ongoing recruiting activities to identify and attract highly competitive candidates for key roles. This includes developing job descriptions, search strategies, and target lists as well as placing sourcing, networking and recruiting calls in order to develop short lists of candidates.
• Research industry competitive intelligence and analyze external market trends to inform talent and organization decisions.
• Manage complex hiring negotiations, including compensation recommendations, relocation and possible counter-offers.
• Partner with legal to understand candidates’ existing restrictive covenant agreements and modify recruiting activity appropriately.
• Advise executive hiring managers on strategic sourcing and recruiting processes, as well as market intelligence data and feedback.
• Develop long-term relationships with potential candidates
• Focus on sourcing and attracting diversity candidates, ensuring that we are always presenting the most qualified, most diverse slate of candidates.
• Represent and differentiate client to external candidates by effectively describing the businesses within client and the industry trends.
• Facilitate internal talent movement when appropriate; understand the internal talent landscape in order to proactively identify potential internal candidates.
• Recruit candidates for difficult to fill and highly specialized positions.
• Identify and work collaboratively to solve related issues that impact staffing
• Broker various HR services to impact issues related to recruitment and staffing
• Evaluate/recommend changes to talent acquisition policies, procedures, and services to improve new employee recruitment and retention
• Demonstrated experience sourcing and hiring passive Information Technology talent
• Proven track record of developing, assessing and attracting successful IT talent into client organizations.
• Must have prior Information Technology recruiting experience with highly technical complex roles that require advanced sourcing strategies. Demonstrated knowledge of Technology market and advanced techniques to source and hire talent.
• Demonstrated experience influencing change in a matrix environment
• Experience managing large scale hiring initiatives and geographic builds.
• Proven track record of working in a fast-paced, complex, deadline-oriented environment.
• Experience recruiting insurance and/or financial services professionals is strongly preferred.
• Experience negotiating and knowledge of complex compensation packages (various awards vehicles, phantom stock, clawback agreements, etc)
• Experience with and knowledge of restrictive covenants (non-solicitation agreements, confidentiality agreements, etc)
• Knowledge of metrics and reporting capabilities.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Knowledge of metrics and reporting capabilities
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Knowledge of Encore and/or Taleo Databases preferred
• Exceptional influencing skills
• Excellent assessment and interviewing skills
• Exceptional consulting, client management and candidate management skills
• Drive to deliver results, take accountability and ownership of work and strive for continuous improvement
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with thorough attention to detail
• Excellent communication (both written and verbal), influencing and negotiation skills
• Excellent organizational, planning, documentation and problem solving skills
• Strong project management skills, with the ability to multi-task and make decisions in a business context
• Ability to build strong relationships with a proven track record of working effectively as an individual contributor as well as a team player
• Strong business acumen, with an entrepreneurial spirit and a thirst for knowledge of the business
• Ability to understand and manage expectations of business partners and provide a high level of customer satisfaction
• Ability to think “outside of the box,” embrace change, and suggest creative, innovative solutions as it relates to business needs
• Capability to develop a “big picture” perspective and act as a strategic thinker