HRIS Workday SupportLocation: New Haven, CT
Contract Length: 4 months +
Pay Rate: Based on experinece
The Principle HR Systems Analyst – Workday Configuration & Support position will work with functional domain owners to capture initiative requirements, offer solutions for impact & great customer experience, and work with other Systems and IT resources to configure, test, and support deployed solutions. The ideal candidate will demonstrate both functional and technical understanding of Workday. The position supports executive leadership and all HR business areas, including HR, payroll, compensation, and benefits, with reporting and business process improvements. This position works under minimal supervision.
• Gather complex business requirements related to Time Tracking, Absence, Payroll, Benefits, Compensation and Human Capital Management (HCM), execute fit/gap analysis, build, test, migrate and maintain interfaces in Workday that are aligned with clients business applications strategy
• Manage multiple phases of testing, to include writing test plans and test scripts, performing system testing and supporting user testing.
• Continually assess business needs and implement measures that will ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded by enhancing system capability and performance.
• Partnering with stakeholders to analyze & prioritize system & process enhancement opportunities
• Developing requirements documentation for various business initiatives
• Understanding Workday functionality and business process configuration options to offer thought leadership for impactful, effective, and efficient solutions
• Strong understanding of HR Systems & Process (Primary = Workday)
• Experience configuring & supporting Workday business process in any key functional area (Preferred areas of experience include Time Tracking or Absence, but any significant Workday business process configuration and support experience with Compensation, Benefits, Core HCM, etc. is acceptable.)
• Ability to manage change effectively always mindful of technology, business processes, and systems implications
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree. Equivalent experience is acceptable in lieu of degree(s).
2-4+ years HR systems support experience – requirements gathering & analysis, configuration, troubleshooting
• 2 years project management experience.
• Must have understanding of systems development lifecycle deployment methodologies.
• Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Must have proficiency using Excel, and Microsoft Word, Visio and at advanced level
• Ability to evaluate requests and provide accurate information based on the evaluation.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Knowledge of Workday preferred.